Saturday September 8th 2018.
Although it's NOT a race, we will all start together at 7AM to stimulate the group feeling.
We will open registration March 8th 2018 (at noon).
The course will be 170km with an elevation gain of about 2700m.
Clink here if you want to see the heightprofile. The course can be subject to change.
You will receive a gpx track 1 week before the event.
The course will also contain some private or protected sections of forest/gravel for which we got approval to ride the day of our event. As a thank you to the owners, we ask you not to to ride the course outside of the event date.
Go to our webshop to register for the ride. And choose "pickup at the Gravel ride" as the shipping option if you only buy the ride.
Entry fee is 45 euro if you register before May 8th.
This will include :
* a marked route (with a few sections that are normally private or closed for bicycles)
* you will also receive a gpx-file as a backup
* 3 feeding stations (with BYE Nutrition endurance bars & normal food)
* Signallers along the route to help you cross the bigger roads
* basic Lezyne-tools to use at the feeding stations (but you need to be the mechanic :-) )
* a pack of Ritchey fries (with mayo and/or ketchup)
* a Bombtrack - Dirty Boar stemcap
* a La Redoutable beer (9% beer named after the famous climb "La Redoute")
* a Lauf bottle opener to open all your beers
* some other bits of our sponsors (more info to come)
* a place to clean your bike
You can register in our webshop starting March 8th (at noon)
Check the video to see what it was like in 2017: Youtube
The location (start/finish)
Rue de la Piste 1
4950 Waimes (Ovifat)
Terms, conditions & recommendations
Check this link for the Terms & conditions
We also have a few recommendations :
* Use a bike that is suitable for the event. Check out our news article Choose your Dirty Boar weapon
* Bring a GPS device and maybe also a USB powerbank/battery because the riding might take longer than you expected. We will provide you with the gpx track a few weeks before the event.
* The ride takes place in a somewhat remote area. So make sure you take all the necessary tools & spares to handle common problems (flat tyres, worn brake pads, loose bolts... and maybe also a broken chain). And some cable ties might be usefull for several things.
* You should be able to carry enough food & water to cover, at least, the distance between the feeding stations (60-70km)
* We recommend you bring some good lights. The front light should allow you to see the road and not just be seen.
Copyright 2018 VZW Vettige Swa's