Due to COVID-19 we were forced to cancel our Gravel Ride in 2020.
For 2021 (September 4th) we are optimistic that we will be able to ride (maybe with some extra safety measures).
Because some people decided to cancel their 2020 order, we will have a few tickets available for 2021.
Fill in this form (latest February 28th) if you are interested in buying one of these 2021 ticket: Gravel Ride google form
March 2021 we will then select as many participants as we have available tickets. You will receive a mail from us.
We decided to work with this form instead of just putting them online, to avoid an overload on our server and to give you a chance of a ticket if you can't sit in front of your pc at the right time.
We hope to see you in September.
In the meantime stay safe and healthy!
For more info what this gravelride is about, then continue reading.
Saturday September 4th 2021.
Although it's NOT a race, we will all start together at 7AM to stimulate the group feeling.
The course will be approximately 170km with an elevation gain of about 2500m.
Clink here if you want to see the heightprofile. The course can be subject to change.
The course will be marked on the day but we will also send you a gpx track 1 week before the event.
We recommend you have a GPS as a backup (or ride with someone with a GPS) because every year some of our markers are removed by people who think that is funny.
Entry fee is 55 euro
Fill in this form if you want to apply for a ticket: Gravel Ride google form
This will include (but might change depending on COVID-19 measures):
* a marked route with the maximum anmount good rolling gravel & forest roads, some climbing, lakes, a few river crossings and a lot of great views.
* you will also receive a gpx-file as a backup
* 3 feeding stations (with BYE Nutrition endurance bars & normal food)
* Signallers along the route to help you cross the bigger roads
* basic Lezyne-tools to use at the feeding stations (but you need to be the mechanic :-) )
* a pack of Ritchey fries (with mayo and/or ketchup)
* 1 free beer at the finish
* a Bombtrack - Dirty Boar 2021 stemcap
* some items from our partners
* a place to shower and clean your bike
Check our Youtube channel to see what it was like on the previous editions: Youtube
And pictures and articles can be found on our website: here
The location (start/finish)
Rue de la Piste 1
4950 Waimes (Ovifat)
Terms, conditions & recommendations
Check this link for the Terms & conditions
We also have a few recommendations :
* Use a bike that is suitable for the event. Check out our news article Choose your Dirty Boar weapon
* Bring a GPS device and maybe also a USB powerbank/battery because the riding might take longer than you expected. We will provide you with the gpx track a few weeks before the event.
* The ride takes place in a somewhat remote area. So make sure you take all the necessary tools & spares to handle common problems (flat tyres, worn brake pads, loose bolts... and maybe also a broken chain). And some cable ties might be usefull for several things.
* We suggest you also bring a small bottle of chain lube
* You should be able to carry enough food & water to cover, at least, the distance between the feeding stations (60-70km)
* We start when the sun rises. So you shouldn't need any lights. But if the weather should be bad (rain, fog,...), we recommend you bring some lights so that at least you are visible for cars and other people on the roads.
A place to sleep before/after the ride
Check this link for the list of all the hotels, gites and campings in the area
Or you can also find this list at the following website: http://www.waimes.be/tourisme/hebergement/
We didn't get confirmation if the places in this list will/can provide an early breakfast on the morning of our Gravel Ride. So, if you want that, best check/ask before you make your booking.
Copyright 2021 VZW Vettige Swa's