Due to COVID-19 we were forced to cancel our Bikepacker in 2020.
For 2021 (May 22-23th & 24-25th) we are optimistic that we will be able to ride and camp out together.
Because some people decided to cancel their 2020 order, we will have a few tickets available for 2021.
Fill in this form (latest December 31th) if you are interested in buying one of these 2021 ticket: Bikepacker google form
January 2021 we will then select as many participants as we have available tickets. You will receive a mail from us.
We decided to work with this form instead of just putting them online, to avoid an overload on our server and to give you a chance of a ticket if you can't sit in front of your pc at the right time.
We hope to see you in May.
In the meantime stay safe and healthy!
For more info what this bikepacker is about, then continue reading.
When doing recon rides for our Gravel Ride, we found so many great tracks and areas that we knew it would not be possible to use them all in our 1 day Gravel Ride.
So we decided that we would organise a 2 day bikepacking trip. These 2 days are all about riding and living in nature.
In 2021 we will have 2 Bikepackers:
Saturday-Sunday edition: May 22-23th
Monday-Tuesday edition: May 24-25th
We want to make this trip also accessible to people who have just started bikepacking or who want to give it a try. We think we acchieved this by providing certain services (see below).
It's a 2 day "unsupported" bikepacking trip.
* you will need to carry your own gear (clothes, sleeping bag, tent, food for the day....) on your bike
* everyone rides at his/her own speed (of course you can ride together if you want)
But because we want to make this trip accessable to people who are new to bikepacking we provided:
* track to put on your gps (the route will NOT be marked)
* a paper map of the area with some usefull info (shops, places to eat)
* a camping spot for saturday night
* dinner on saturday evening (drinks will be available but not included in price)
* 1 beer
* breakfast on sunday morning
* a special Dirty Boar Bikepacker t-shirt
* basic insurance
If you don't have a tent, then we have a few tents you can loan for the night (we bring these tents to the campsite and set them up). We ask a small fee for using the tent. When buying your ticket you will be able to choose if you want to rent a tent (if still available).
Anything else that you might need, but you don't find in the list above, is not included. So you will need to strap that to your bike (or buy on the road).
Links to pictures, video and reports of previous editions can be found on our "News & Tips" page
Terms, conditions & recommendations
Check this link for the Terms & conditions
We also have a few recommendations :
* Use a bike that is suitable for the event. Because it's a bikepacking trip you will need to be able to carry your gear (on your bike). And if you want to know which tyres & gears you will need: Check out our old news article Choose your Dirty Boar weapon
* You will need a GPS device because the route is NOT marked. We will provide you with the gpx track a few weeks before the event.
* Please also bring a USB powerbank/battery to charge the GPS at the camping (or during the day).
* The ride takes place in a somewhat remote area & is unsupported. So make sure you take all the necessary tools & spares to handle common problems (flat tyres, worn brake pads, loose bolts... and maybe also a broken chain). And some cable ties might be usefull for several things.
* You should be able to carry enough food & water because you will not find shops around every corner
* The sun should be out long enough so that you don't need lights. But it might be good to bring a small set of lights that makes you visible in case of fog or bad weather.
* If you are looking for more tips, then check out our bikepacker recon article in our News & Tips section
Copyright 2021 VZW Vettige Swa's