General Terms & Conditions
These are the general terms & conditions of De Vettige Swa’s VZW, having it’s registered office at Dorenstraat 20, 3020 Herent (e-mail: email@example.com) registered in the KBO with VAT-number BE0666.708.615
- These Terms & Conditions are applicable to all info on our website(s).
- The content of our websites, including all brands, logos, drawings, data, text, images and such are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to VZW De Vettige Swa’s or entitled third parties.
- VZW De Vettige Swa’s does his best to make sure the info on the website is complete, accurate and up to date. Despite these efforts, inaccuracies may occur in the stated information. If the information provided contains inaccuracies or if certain information on or through the websites is unavailable, VZW De Vettige Swa’s will make every effort to put this right as soon as possible. However, VZW De Vettige Swa’s cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage resulting from the use of the information on these websites. If you discover inaccuracies in the information that is made available, please contact us.
- The content of the websites (including links) can be changed at any time without a notification. So make sure your always check the websites for the latest information (be sure to refresh).
- VZW De Vettige Swa’s does not guarantee the proper functioning of the website and can not be held liable in any way for poor operation or temporary (un)availability of the website, or for any form of damage, direct or indirect, which could result from access to or the use of the website.
- VZW De Vettige Swa’s cannot, under any circumstance, be held liable in a direct or indirect, special or other manner for damage resulting from the use of their websites or another, including links or hyperlinks. Damage might be, but is not limited to, losses, work stoppages, damage to programs, equipment, software or other from the user.
- The websites may contain hyperlinks to websites or pages of third parties, or refer indirectly to them. VZW De Vettige Swa’s explains expressly that it has no control over the content or others characteristics of these websites and can under no circumstances be held liable for its content or for any form of damage caused by its use.
- The Belgian law applies to these websites. In the event of a dispute, only the courts of the Leuven district have jurisdiction.
Events Terms & Conditions
These are the terms & conditions that apply to all Dirty Boar events organised by De Vettige Swa’s VZW, having its registered office at Dorenstraat 20, 3020 Herent, BTW BE0666.708.615, hereinafter referred to as “the Dirty Boar” or “the organizer”.
Dirty Boar is your single point of contact for all your questions. The Dirty Boar can be reached by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 1 – Registration
At the time of registering, the participant declares to be at least 18 years or to have his legal parent/guardian’s consent to register for the event. During the event, participants under the age of 18 will need be accompanied by a person older than 18 years during the whole ride/event.
The registration is only valid if the registration form has been completely and truthfully filled out, the registration fee and payment for extras have been paid in full and these events terms and conditions have been accepted. By completing the registration and paying the registration fee you also agree to these events terms & conditions.
Article 2 – Right of withdrawal
Participants have the option to request a full refund within 14 days of registering, subject to a 5 Euro administrative fee for all refund transactions. After this time frame, if a participant does not take part, regardless of the reason, they will not be eligible for a refund of the registration fee and any additional charges.
Article 3 – Change of registration
Participants who want to transfer their registration for an event to another person may do so by contacting the Dirty Boar with all the info of the new participant. Ticket transfer and payment should be done directly between the original participant and the new participant. The original participant should also forward all event info he/she already received to the new participant. An administrative cost may be charged by the Dirty Boar when a change of name on the ticket is needed.
Article 4 – Preparation
Dirty Boar events are challenging rides for gravel bicycles. These events require preparation (both in terms of material and physicality). It’s the participants responsibility to be properly prepared. Riders will receive useful information in the weeks before the event to help with this preparation. Bike & gear recommendations can also be found on our website. Wearing a bicycle helmet is mandatory.
In case you registered for an event, we will use your name, address, phone and/or e-mail to provide you with useful information about the event and about partners of the event.
The offerings for our participants may differ from one event to another. To find out what is included, please consult the dedicated page on our website and refer to any emails containing detailed information about the event.
The decision of whether to undergo a physical examination before the event and whether to enlist the services of a trainer for proper preparation lies with the participant. All associated costs for these preparations are the responsibility of the participant.
While all participants in our events are provided with basic public liability insurance, we also advise participants to consider obtaining appropriate personal insurance.
Article 5 – Participation
- The Dirty Boar events are a races. Consequently, there will be other traffic, including within the forest, and all standard traffic rules are applicable. Some major intersections may have signallers to assist you in crossing, but it’s important to note that they are not permitted to stop the traffic. Therefore, it is crucial to reduce speed, remain vigilant, and be aware of other traffic at all times.
- The Dirty Boar events are off-road experiences where surface conditions may rapidly change. It is the rider’s personal responsibility to stay alert and decide whether to ride or walk through a particular section. It’s important to note that the route is not marked, so individuals must navigate accordingly.
- On the day of the event, participants may receive final instructions through various channels such as public announcements, email, text messages, etc. It is essential to adhere to these instructions throughout the duration of the event.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety as well as that of others. Compliance with the instructions provided by the organizer, medical teams, and police is mandatory. The organizers and staff reserve the right to take any necessary actions to ensure the safety of participants, including the cancellation of the event.
- During the participation, proof of registration (frame number, wristband, etc.) must be visible at all times.
- Participants are required to consistently show respect for the environment. Disposing of litter is strictly prohibited; participants should carry their rubbish and dispose of it in designated bins. Additionally, participants must adhere to the designated route or use roads permitted for bicycles.
- When riding, participants shall wear a helmet that is in a good condition.
- Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider (unless covered by our insurance). This includes, but is not limited to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service.
- By entering the event each participant grants to Dirty Boar an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Dirty Boar the right to use and publish such content in any and all media in relation to their events and activities. The participant hereby releases Dirty Boar from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorizes the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Dirty Boar. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at The Dirty Boar events.
- All riders are covered by a basic third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in the event entry fee. An insurance claim needs to be send within 8 days of the event. In addition VZW De Vettige Swa’s are covered by a public liability insurance. We still recommend every participant has a personal insurance.
- If a participant chooses to alter the route, such as taking a shortcut to the finish, they are solely responsible for all consequences arising from this decision.
- The organizers can NOT be held responsible for loss or damage of personal possessions during the event.
- If a timing chip is used by the organizers: Loss or damage to the timing chips will be charged to the participant. Exact cost will be determined.
- The organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the event who do not respect the provisions of these terms and conditions or pose a danger to themselves or third parties.
Webshop Terms & Conditions
The following terms & conditions only apply to “physical/tangible goods” sold in our webshop (t-shirts, caps….). This webshop is run by De Vettige Swa’s VZW, having its registered office at Dorenstraat 20, 3020 Herent, with VAT-number BE 0666.708.615, hereinafter referred to as “the Dirty Boar” or “the webshop”.
These terms & conditions don’t apply to tickets for one of our events. The specific conditions for our events can be find above at this page.
Dirty Boar is your single point of contact for all your questions. The Dirty Boar can be reached by e-mail: email@example.com.
Article 1 – Delivery delay
Check the goods description for the expected delivery delay. Some goods are only produced at a certain moment so it’s possible that you have to wait a few months for the goods to be produced & delivered. You can always contact us prior to your order to know the expected delivery delay. If you don’t agree with the delivery delay you can cancel your order within 14 days of your order date.
Usually you can also choose to pick up your order at one of our events (check the shipping options when placing your order).
Article 2 – Return policy
- After receiving the goods, you have 14 days to return the goods (shipping payed by you). Contact us if you wish to return goods. The goods should be as new. Goods that meet these conditions will be refunded. Include a copy of your order confirmation to the package and add your bank account to the order confirmation or send via mail. We recommend you return the goods by using a unique tracking code.
- Goods that have a limited shelf life or are made to specific demands can not be returned. Other items that are non-returntable include gift vouchers and software (including downloads)
- You have to have an order confirmation or invoice to be able to ship/return goods. Send the goods at your expense to : Dirty Boar, Dorenstraat 20, 3020 Herent, Belgium.The shipping costs of the original order will not be refunded.
If you return an article worth more than 75 Euro, we advice you use a traceable delivery service or use a shipping insurance. It does happen that goods get lost in shipping.
Article 3 – Refund policy
You can only apply for a refund within 14 days of receiving the goods (also check article 2 – return policy). After 14 days a refund or exchange is no longer possible.
Refund will be done via the same payment method as used for your order or via bank transfer.
- Refund:As soon as your return is received and inspected, we will send you an e-mail to inform you if a refund is approved or denied.If approved, the refund will be done via the same payment method as you used to place the order. Or if this doesn’t work, via bank transfer. There might be a few days of delay until you receive the payment.
- Partial refund:
In certain cases a partial refund might be granted. This will be examined case by case.
- Late or missing refunds:
If it’s been a few days since you received our mail with the approval of the refund, but you haven’t received the money yet, please check your bank account and payment method of your original order. If you still can’t find the refund, get in touch with us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discounted articles:
Discounted articles can not be refunded. They can be exchanged if the desired size/model is still in stock. This can be discussed by e-mail.
Exchange of articles is possible if the desired size/model is still in stock. The shipping costs for this new delivery are to be paid by the customer.
Changing our terms & conditions
We reserve the right to modify and update our terms and conditions, with such changes taking immediate effect.
In the event of the sale or transfer of our business operations, your data may be transferred to the new owners. We are committed to keeping our customers informed of any alterations to our policies and ensuring the continued protection of their information in accordance with applicable privacy regulations. It is advisable to regularly review our terms and conditions for any updates that may impact your engagement with our services. Your privacy and data security are paramount considerations for us, and we strive to uphold these standards even in the event of organizational changes.